Campaign Organiser: Save Our Services
Salary: Around $60,000
12.5% Superannuation Contribution
Temporary Position until March 2017
UnionsWA is the state’s peak union body. We are looking for an enthusiastic and committed individual who can build relationships with a wide range of people both within and externally to the union movement. The successful candidate will be based at UnionsWA working within the Save Our Service campaign.
This temporary role is responsible for assisting in implementing the Save Our Services campaign in the lead up to the 2017 State Election. Your primary focus will be identifying and building our campaign volunteer base; through volunteer identification, coordination, and debriefing with set follow up protocols. The role will also include, assisting in the training of volunteers, participating in local actions, maintaining databases and phone calling. You must be able to demonstrate high levels of initiative, a commitment to union values and quality public services. Having previous experience working for a union or community organisation isn’t essential but desirable.
- Good organisational and time management skills.
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships and union members, activist and community volunteers.
- Knowledge of workplace issues and the Australian union movement.
- A good understanding of the Western Australian and federal Australian political systems.
- Commitment to the principles of unionism.
- Knowledge of basic IT applications and Social Media
- Capacity to work long and irregular hours
- Experience working for a union or community organisation
For further information contact the UnionsWA Secretary, Meredith Hammat, on (08) 9328 7877 or [email protected]
Please send a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role along with your CV to [email protected]
Applications close 12:00pm Monday 22nd June.