The second annual UnionsWA Industrial Officer & Lawyer Network Conference will be held on Wednesday 21 October 2015 at the CSA Building in downtown Perth. Former Deputy President of the Fair Work Commission, Brendan McCarthy, will give the keynote address on ‘How to Get On-side and Off-Side with Commission Members’.
- Date: Wednesday 21 October 2015
- Time: 8:30am – 5:30pm, followed by conference drinks
- Place: Meeting Room 1. Level 6 CSA Building 445 Hay Street Perth
Please download our program.
The registration fee is $20 per attendee and can be paid online here or by downloading the registration form here. This is extraordinarily good value given the cost of comparable professional development and that the program has been custom-designed for union industrial practitioners.
The sessions are relevant to public and private sector unions and state and federal system unions. Covered topics include:
- How to get on-side and off-side with Commission members
- Long service leave in the state and federal systems
- Recent case law on redundancies
- Corporate structures and commercial confidentiality
- Mediation skills and practice
- File management, self-management and managing workloads
- General protections, unlawful terminations and equal opportunity laws
- Union governance and the requirements under the Fair Work (Registered Organisations) Act 2009
There will be at least one topic in each of the required CPD competency areas. We are applying to the Legal Practice Board for these sessions to accrue CPD points.
For more information please contact Tim Dymond at email@example.com.
Our thanks and acknowledgement to our sponsors: Turner Freeman Lawyers, Australian Super, ShopRite, the IRSWA, W.G. McNally Jones Staff Lawyers, MDC Legal and Maurice Blackburn Lawyers.