Registrations are now open to all Health and Safety Representatives across WA, to join together for a 1 day conference in the important first year of our brand new Work Health and Safety Act. You are invited to join us. If you wish to or are only able to join us for the live online streaming of the conference, please follow this link to RSVP.
There is no charge to attend the Conference
Friday 21 October 2022 (930-4PM)
CSA Building - Level 6, 445 Hay Street, Perth - Whadjuk Country
We will also be offering attendance online for those who are unable to travel to Perth. Attending in-person is however, highly encouraged!
The conference will be held over a full day. You can view or download the conference program here. Speakers include:
- Owen Whittle - Secretary, UnionsWA
- Darren Kavanagh - Commissioner, WorkSafe WA
- Sally North - Director, WorkSafe WA Service Industries and Specialists - Meet the Regulator & Q&A
- Sally Blane - SunSmart Manager, Cancer Council of WA - Skin Cancer & Outdoor Work
- Safety Reps from various workplaces - sharing important stories of winning on safety @ work!
- Mental Health and Psychosocial safety discussions
- Stalls from Unity Training Services, Australian Super, Cancer Council of WA and more
- Post conference socialising
Lunch and Tea/Coffee will be provided.
A full program will be released in the coming weeks including further information on all sessions.
To register to attend in-person, please RSVP below. Please include your workplace as your address. You will receive a confirmation email.
Please click here to register for online attendance. You will receive a confirmation email.
To assist you with arranging to attend on paid time as a HSR, please view the attached template letter here for you to request attendance to your employer (PCBU). (You may also like to seek assistance from your Union if it is needed).
We look forward to you joining us!
Please share this invitation with your fellow HSRs across your company. HSRs do not need to be a member of a Union to attend the conference.
Please note the conference is currently open to current Safety Reps. If you would like to attend but are not a current Safety Rep, please join in online. There are also other WHS Training sessions available online and in the workplace - Click here for details.
Questions? Get in touch with Julia Armitt, WHS Officer, via [email protected]
UnionsWA acknowledges that this conference is facilitated by a grant from the Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety.
Level 6 445 Hay Street
Perth - Whadjuk Country, WA 6000
Google map and directions