The Finance Sector Union is the union for one of the biggest and fastest growing industries in Australia. Our Union is the voice of workers at the pointy end of capitalism. We organise across Australia’s biggest banks as well as insurance, credit union and superannuation employers. Over the past year the FSU has played a key role in bringing about a Royal Commission into our industry and winning back $22 million in unpaid superannuation payments for low paid workers. We continue to champion for real change and improvements for finance industry workers as well as the broader community.
This year we plan to step up our important campaign work. Our industry is rapidly changing and risks seeing workers left behind with the impacts of technological disruption being felt across the board. We are seeking a capable and driven Organiser for our Western Australia Branch, based in Perth to play a key role in helping deliver an industry plan that focuses on people before profits.
Reporting to the Local Executive Secretary, the Organiser will be responsible for building worker power in a team environment through recruiting workers to the Union and developing sustainable activist structures. The successful applicant will be required to adapt their skills to unique organising challenges while working to innovative campaign plans connected to relevant enterprises, local workplaces and the broader industry.
- An extreme passion for social justice and fighting the machine
- An understanding that your work will always be focused and centred around building power for workers
- Independent, resilient, takes initiative, a go-getter who is always a team player
- Energy and enthusiasm that you can lead with and follow
- Someone with leadership qualities who can instil leadership in others and hand over the reigns
- Eagerness to work with people from diverse cultures and backgrounds
- Demonstrated commitment to social and economic justice
- Experience working or organising in other progressive organisations or social justice causes
- Ability to inspire people to take action through conversations
- Ability to identify and develop leaders
- Strong planning, time-management and strategic-thinking skills
- Ability and willingness to do whatever it takes to fight and win (some long hours, evening work and weekend work may be required)
- Drivers’ licence required
Previous applicants need not apply.
We are an equal opportunity employer. The FSU is committed to providing ongoing support and development to the successful applicant.
As stipulated in the FSU Staff Collective Agreement 2016 the salary shall be set at tier 1 of the organiser pay scale, currently $64,588 per annum with a 9 day fortnight. The FSU offers other excellent working conditions including employer superannuation contributions of 15%.
For further information, contact Mandy Gardner on (08) 9220 3122 or email@example.com
Finance Sector Union
Western Australia Branch
PO Box 2602
Perth WA 6001
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date 5.00pm Friday, 27 April 2018
WA DIVISION INDUSTRIAL ORGANISER
The National Tertiary Education Union represents both academic and professional/general staff at all Australian universities.
We are currently seeking an Industrial Organiser to join our small team of industrial and organising staff. The successful applicant will be required to develop and assist with campaigns, prepare publications, and provide industrial representation to individuals and groups of members. The position will be expected to provide advice and guidance to other organising staff and co-ordinate activities across our five WA Branches.
This is a full-time position located at the WA Division Office in Subiaco but will be required to travel regularly to all of the metropolitan campuses of the five WA universities. The position is available at NTEU Level 6 (salary $90,739 - $99,474 plus 17% employer superannuation contribution).
Applications addressing both the essential and desirable requirements of the position plus the names and contact details of two referees, should be addressed to the Division Secretary, Gabe Gooding. To apply for this job go to: www.nteu.recruitmenthub.com.au & enter ref code: 4106072. Applications close COB on 27 April 2017.
For a copy of the Position Description & Selection Criteria please contact Joanne Riley at email@example.com.
For further information please contact the WA Division Secretary, Gabe Gooding on 0448 362 101 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The NTEU is an Equal Opportunity employer.
CPSU/CSA INDUSTRIAL OFFICER ($77,599 - $95,404 +SUPER)
- We are seeking to fill one full-time permanent position and a part-time (0.5) contract vacancy for 6 months.
- Work for an organisation committed to improving the value of workers' rights in the WA public service.
Applications close at 4:00pm on Wednesday, 9 May 2018: