INDUSTRIAL OFFICER - NATIONAL TERTIARY EDUCATION UNION (WA)
The National Tertiary Education Union (NTEU) WA Division is seeking a highly motivated individual with significant experience in industrial work within the trade union movement.This is a full-time, ongoing position. You will be assigned a mix of duties including:
- Providing industrial advice and guidance to members, organisers and elected officers on industrial matters and the enforcement of Enterprise Agreements and Awards.
- Negotiating workplace grievances and industrial disputes with management, including complex matters or matters of strategic significance.
- Providing high-level technical support to, and where necessary lead, major Enterprise Bargaining negotiations.
- Researching, preparing and advocating cases before Fair Work Australia, other tribunals, internal university or management bodies, and speak in union and other public fora.
The NTEU represents members in universities and other tertiary education and research institutions covering both academic and general/professional employees. The successful applicant will be committed to building the trade union movement, able to work closely with organisers to implement industrial campaigns, have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and knowledge of the tertiary education industry.
You will be located at the WA Division office in Subiaco and be required to travel to other NTEU branches in Perth from time to time on university campuses. A driver’s license that is valid in WA is essential.
The position will be filled at either NTEU Level 6 ($94,409 - $103,497) or NTEU Level 7 ($107,134 - $118,283) depending on skills and experience, plus 17% employer superannuation contributions.
For a copy of the Position Description and Selection Criteria please contact Joanne Riley at [email protected]
• Level 6 - $94,409 to $103,497 / Level 7- $107,134 to $118,283
• Additional 17% employer superannuation
• Rewarding career with a progressive organisation
Applications addressing the selection criteria plus the names and contact details of two referees, should be addressed to the Division Secretary, Jonathan Hallett. To apply for this job go to: www.nteu.recruitmenthub.com.au & enter ref code: 5057288. Applications close COB Monday 23rd March, 2020.
The NTEU values diversity in the workplace. Therefore applicants will be given priority consideration and preference in selection for this vacancy if they are from an Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander background.