Everyone deserves to be safe at work and undertake work that does not harm your health. The following information sheets have been prepared by the CPSU-CSA with support from Unity Training Services and UnionsWA each sheet includes information should your health or safety be effected at work in one of these ways:
- Work stress (view or download here);
- Workplace bullying (view and download here);
- Workplace violence (view or download here);
- Occupational health and safety and insecure work (view or download here);
- Manual handling (view or download here);
- Dangers of exposure to diesel fumes (view or download here)
Further information that may help protect you and your co-workers include:
- WorkSafe WA is the key agency for working people in WA and they have some useful tools, library of resources, statistics and event that can be viewed online here.
- Unity Training Services is an accredited training provider for various occupational health and safety courses, including for elected OHS Representatives and there are details available here online.
UnionsWA Assistant Secretary, Owen Whittle gives a brief summary of the key issues facing us for work health and safety law reform in WA.
More detailed information about the review of WA work health and safety laws and related resources are available online here.
Have you completed our short online 2018 Work Health and Safety Survey? If not please click here to help make our advocacy stronger.
We've been in the media recently and you can check out our latest public statement here. Other work health and safety released have included the close of submission for the current review of WA work health and safety laws (see here) and remembering the disaster of Wittenoom (see here).