This session is funded by DMIRs, and is suitable for: Union Delegates, Safety Reps, and interested workers.
This information session will provide participants with an introduction to the new WHS legislation and what the changes will mean to your workplace.
Attendees will have a better understanding of the key changes for workers and unions in the new Act :
- Legislative framework of WHS law in WA
- New definition of health in the Act
- Duties of the Person Conducting a Business or Undertaking (PCBU).
- New Duties of an Officer and their legal requirements (due diligence).
- Duties of a Worker
- Duties of Other Persons
- Industrial manslaughter - what it means & New penalty categories for breaches of legislation - as well as Notifiable incidents.
- Duty to Consult and what consultation must include
- Work Groups (WG’s), Health & Safety Representatives (HSR’s), Deputy Health and Safety Representatives and Health & Safety Committees (HSC’s), including;
- Work Group negotiations with Union involvement
- Election process (including new Union involvement)
- Right to cease unsafe work; and
- HSR Direction to cease unsafe work – New
- Training requirements for HSRs
The session will be held via Microsoft Teams - a link to this session will be provided upon your RSVP.