Thank you for your interest in learning about our '1 year young' Work Health and Safety Act.
As you may know, the WA Union movement campaigned strongly for our new safety laws - we are keen to make sure all workers are informed and know their rights and also obligations under the Act.
This session is funded by DMIRS, and is suitable for all WA workers to attend, especially workers who are Union Delegates and/or Safety Reps.
Attendees will have a better understanding of the key changes in the new Act including:
- Legislative framework of WHS law in WA
- New definition of health in the Act
- Duties of the Person Conducting a Business or Undertaking (PCBU).
- New Duties of an Officer and their legal requirements (due diligence).
- Duties of a Worker (including changes to who is considered a Worker)
- Duties of Other Persons
- Industrial manslaughter - what it means & New penalty categories for breaches of legislation - as well as Notifiable incidents.
- Duty to Consult and what consultation must include
- Work Groups (WG’s), Health & Safety Representatives (HSR’s), Deputy Health and Safety Representatives and Health & Safety Committees (HSC’s), including;
- Work Group negotiations with Union involvement
- Election process (including new Union involvement)
- Right to cease unsafe work; and
- HSR Direction to cease unsafe work – New
- Training requirements for HSRs
The session will be held via Microsoft Teams - a link to this session will be provided upon your RSVP.
Please note all participants must individually register.