SSTUWA State School Teachers' Union of WA - CAMPAIGN PROJECT OFFICER
(This position will commence 8 January 2018 or earlier where possible, for one year with a possible extension to two years)
The State School Teachers’ Union of W.A. (Inc.) represents State School Teachers and TAFE Lecturers across W.A. It is one of the largest trade unions in Western Australia with over 17,000 members, to whom it provides a wide range of both industrial and professional services. The SSTUWA is an inherently political organisation. Organisational fit is crucial. The ability to exercise high levels of tact and discretion in a politically and personally challenging environment, while simultaneously meeting demanding schedules and workloads, is essential.
The SSTUWA’s Strategic Plan 2020 objectives are:
- Protecting and improving our industrial and professional rights
- Promoting high quality public education for all
- Ensuring the current and long term interests of our members are at the centre of everything we do.
The SSTUWA Campaign Project Officer is focused on State and Federal industrial and political campaign management under the direction of the president and executive.
- Research and analyse public education trends in Western Australia and nationally.
- Prepare reports and analysis.
- Assist with the development of policy positions.
- Coordinate campaign plans and actions including meetings, rallies, surveys and petitions.
- Assist with the use of websites and social media using member data to target online. communications using NationBuilder or similar.
- Assist with the development of lobbying and relationship building with third party organisations including government.
- Organise industrial staff and union activists for campaign action.
(a) Salary Level 3.1 ($115,012 per annum) with annual salary progression through Level 3 of the General Agreement should an extension of contract occur.
(b) A vehicle allowance of $10,000 per annum
(c) Conditions as per the Officers of The State School Teachers’ Union of W.A. (Inc.) Conditions of Employment Agreement 2015.
Section: Industrial Location West Perth
Employment Status: Full Time (75 hours per fortnight)
In submitting an application / cover letter for the position of Campaign Officer, please:
- Address the following selection criteria.
- Keep the application to a maximum of three (3) pages.
- Attach a CV.
The successful applicant will demonstrate:
- Proven ability to develop and execute online and offline campaign strategy and tactics in order to achieve campaign goals.
- Experience in campaigning including: the creation and distribution of campaign materials, event management and social media engagement.
- Experience with tools such as CRM, CMS, NationBuilder, Google Analytics, and major social media platforms including E-newsletters.
- Knowledge of political and educational environment for SSTUWA/AEU content.
- High level time-management, organisational skills and capacity to work as part of a team.
- Tertiary qualifications in communications, education, labour studies or related fields.
- A knowledge of the major issues currently facing public education at State and Federal levels.
- C-class driver’s licence.
- Commitment to union principles.
For further information regarding this position, please contact Mary Franklyn, General Secretary, SSTUWA at email@example.com
Applications should be addressed to: Chairperson Appointments Committee, c/o firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 4pm on Thursday 14 December 2017