UnionsWA is the state’s peak union body and we are working with the National peak Union body the ACTU. We are looking for two (2) enthusiastic and committed organisers initially to work on the federal election campaign. Successful candidates will be based at UnionsWA and employed by the ACTU to implement a national strategy.
To implement the ACTU’s Federal Election organising and campaigning plans in Western Australia.
The immediate task is to implement the ACTU's electorate based campaign for the Federal election.
This will involve implementing the national campaign within specific electorate/s, including:
• developing a deep understanding of the electorate
• identifying and recruiting activists
• working with local union affiliates
• organising activists and volunteers
• organising and implementing actions
• recruiting and organising members
• working with key community allies
• organising and implementing voter persuasion campaigns
• implementing all on the ground aspects of the national campaign
Future organising and campaign projects will be determined according to the ACTUs plans.
• Commitment to and passion for the values of the Australian union movement
• High level organising and/or campaigning skills, in particular demonstrated ability to build and support groups of activists
• Highly developed verbal and written skills, with the ability to explain complex information in a clear and articulate fashion.
• High level understanding of Federal and State Politics in Western Australia and nationally.
• Demonstrated capacity to develop, plan and deliver on campaign objectives, including budgeting and logistics management.
• Capacity to provide insight into the ongoing development of a successful campaign strategy.
• Highly developed organisational and time management skills enabling the capacity to work consistently under pressure and to meet deadlines.
• Demonstrated capacity to work well with others in a team environment & to provide leadership.
• IT and social media literacy
• Capacity to exercise judgement, discretion & initiative within a politically sensitive environment.
• Demonstrated ability to maintain positive working relationships with local TLCs and affiliates
• Capacity to work long and irregular hours and travel regularly and to relocate to a designated region if necessary.
Salary appropriate to skills and experience, 15% superannuation and other excellent conditions apply. Please note - We will consider applications Australia wide.
Applications which do not address the selection criteria will not be considered.
For a confidential discussion regarding the role please call HR on (03) 9664 7333.
Please forward applications by no later than 26 April 2015 to firstname.lastname@example.org